Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

8 weeks/ 2 months/ Easter

8 weeks/2 months
Xavier has really grown so much! It already feels that he's grown out of the newborn stage and is now full -on baby. He so happy first thing in the morning (especially after he eats) and will sit and "chat" with me for a few minutes before letting me know he wants to be picked up. Even his cry has changed from a nonspecific baby cry to one of different pitches depending on how he's feeling (frustrated vs tired vs hurt). Sometimes it's almost like he's yelling at me which at the moment I find amusing. He's overall more enjoyable, especially in the evenings. He's gone from being fussy for no reason to just chilling and chatting it up with us.
2 months also equals first set of shots but he did very well during and after.
Easter
We celebrated his first Easter last weekend. We got that little button down for him (no need for a suit, right?) He was ridiculously cute. J was out of town but I got brave and ventured to church with the babe.  My dilemma: go before nap time or during. (these are my new problems) I decided to go during, and though he didn't sleep, He was very well-behaved, sitting quietly through the service. and slept through lunch time (thanks baby!) No need for an Easter basket either right?

We still have him in the co-sleeper next to me (meaning he's not in his crib yet). He now wakes every  2.5-3 hours in the night to eat (but he thankfully goes right back to sleep), though he nurses every 2 hours during the day. Yup! Still nursing, which I'm grateful for but I'm hoping this spaces out soon and I can keep up with nursing/pumping when I go back to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment