Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Weeks 9-12 - first mail, first flight, first sleep though the night!

He's growing so so fast, we just can't keep up!
He's become so vocal, having "conversations" with us, usually in the morning or evening before bed. I'm sure he's gonna be a talker as soon as he get his words together.

After we got the birth announcements in, I sent one to the White House...and we got a card back! His first piece of mail! I heard about this from a college friend and it worked. It's gonna go in a book for him somewhere as a keepsake.

Xavier still doesn't care so much for Nate...sometimes he looks at him, most of the time he ignores him. And same goes for Nate. I'm okay with this relationship...

At 10 weeks I took him on his first plane ride with me to Alabama to visit the fam. I was kinda nervous flying with him. I didn't want to be one of "those" parents with the screeching infant. I read lots of websites and tried to be prepared...which meant I had enough diapers and clothes in case I got stranded somewhere random with him. As a result it was somewhat difficult loading up. Baby + full diaper bag + purse = full hands. I didn't want to carry a stroller so I just held him. I had the mei tai too which was fine for walking through the airport but I quickly learned it was not best for sitting on the plane. But gratefully he slept well on each flight  with few peeps. I did learn that next time I'm carrying the carseat...it was hard to hold him and sleep at the same time :P                                                    

12 weeks...what a cutie he is!
Great smile...still working on getting that laugh out though. He knows where his hands are and are alllllways sucking on them whether he's hungry or not.
I started back to work this week and he started with the sitter. I wasn't as upset about it as I thought I'd be, though the idea of being away from him for over 24 hours was a little overwhelming. But the day was busy and we all survived (Xavi at the sitter's, J overnight with him (1st time), and me at work without my family).
Shouting from the rooftop: 04/25/13 - he slept through the night! I woke up Friday morning and my emotions went from surprise, to disbelief that it actually happened (maybe I'd slept through a feeding, I thought), to surprise that you actually did it! He slept from 10:00-6:45 when I woke him up to eat before dropping him off. I was hesitant to share it with others, but hey, I figured what God has for us is for us, and nothing will "jinx" it. It happened again the next night...I'm hoping this is a new trend and not just a "for a time" thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment